Clinical Nurse Coordinator
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join us during what is an exciting and interesting time in primary healthcare. This is an exciting role offering the opportunity to use your clinical, analytical, and innovative skills, with the ability to be pro-active in re-design and to enjoy autonomy while also being part of a wider team. This role works across primary care and therefore a knowledge of the primary care environment is important.
Clinical Nurse Coordinator will join our POADMS’s (Primary Options Acute Demand Management Service) and Coordination of Services team in supporting the Primary Options programme.
The primary options programme coordinates and administers primary care services under the clinical pathways to ensure appropriate, timely and convenient access to primary and community care and reducing the utilisation of hospital services.
Key functions of this position include:
- Rapid Coordinated response to community and hospital based health providers
- Management of referrals and pathways
- General practice and provider relationships and service utilisation management
- Coordination and administration of POADMS clinical records and packages of care
This is a busy role, and requires someone who is self-motivated, not shy to be assertive, is excited to get out there and do it, and who will be able to provide a high level of clinical coordination support including liaising with our POADMS team at the NDHB and other healthcare and social professionals in our Northland Community. This role supports practices in how to utilise the POADMS service and to provide the best access to care and services for their patients through this programme.
Essential skills required for this position are:
- Registered Nurse
- Recent and proven high quality clinical coordination and administration skills with the ability to demonstrate initiative and aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and make sound and justifiable decisions in this programme
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate to Advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge or understanding of the primary care environment
An understanding of primary healthcare would be an advantage.
You must have NZ Residency or a current NZ work visa to apply for this position.
If you meet the above criteria and are keen to improve quality and health outcomes in our community please apply by forwarding your covering letter and CV to Joanne Mason, HR Assistant at HR@mahitahihauora.co.nz.
Applications close on Friday 29th May 2020
Download Application Download Information