North Haven Hospice - Health Care Assistant (In-Patient Unit), part-time (0.7 FTE)
Are you seeking a role that has real meaning and positive impact?
If you want compassionate care for people to be at the heart of your role and you want a job where kindness and meaningful work is central to all you do, please join us at North Haven Hospice.
Become part of a team that provides specialist palliative care and support to patients and their families/whanau throughout the Whangarei District and south-east of Kaipara District.
You will work in our six bed in-patient unit (IPU) at our premises in Tikipunga, Whangarei.
What can we offer you?
- The ability to truly offer holistic care to your patients and their family/whanau;
- A chance to develop your skills, knowledge and career within a supportive and nurturing and environment;
- Regular in house professional development opportunities;
- Paid external professional supervision.
What will you bring:
- Recent employed experience in caregiving; especially for those approaching the end of their lives
- Effective communication skills.
- A professional approach with a caring, empathetic and non-judgemental manner.
- The ability to work within a team; adaptable with effective time management and an ability to prioritise
- An ability to work under direction
- Evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (this role is covered by the Covid 19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, and applicants will need to be fully COVID vaccinated. North Haven hospice will access the MOH Vaccination Register in line with legal responsibilities and requirements.
To download the job description and apply for this role, visit the North Haven Hospice website.
For more information, visit the North Haven Hospice website or contact Clinical Services Operations Manager Cathy West on 09 437 3355 or email@example.com